Stellar Technology performs repairs on our pressure transducers, load cells, torque sensors and temperature transducers. In addition, Stellar Technology welcomes the opportunity to repair and calibrate like sensors from other manufacturers.
Before shipping your sensors for repair, please contact our customer service department at 716-250-1900 and describe the conditions associated with the need for repair. Based on our experience, we may be able to resolve an apparent repair issue over the phone. If the product is to be forwarded to Stellar Technology, our customer service staff member will provide an RMA (Return Material Authorization) number. We request this RMA number be printed on the package(s) being sent to Stellar Technology for repair. This improves the ease of processing and ensures an improved turn-around time.
Once you have the RMA number, the following information will help ensure optimum processing of your repair request:
- Serial number and/or model number (if the returned unit is an Stellar Technology product)
- Model number and manufacturer (if not an Stellar Technology product)
- Circumstances associated with what caused the need for repair (Note: The more we understand the application and details surrounding the need for repair, the better chances we have in ensuring future repairs of this kind
- The nature of the repair required
- Type of repair: Warranty or Non-warranty
If, when repaired, the unit does not meet the original design specifications, we will contact you to determine if you wish to take any of the following actions:
- Return as is with an “as is” calibration.
- Request Stellar Technology to determine if unit can be repaired to meet design specifications.
- If unit can be repaired to meet design specifications. request a repair and calibration quote from Stellar Technology.
- If unit cannot be repaired to meet design specifications, request a purchase order for replacement unit from Stellar Technology.
- Request a Findings Report.