Stellar Technology’s comprehensive calibration capabilities, at our manufacturing facility in Amherst, New York, provides calibration for all our pressure transducers, load cells, torque sensors, temperature transducers and LVDTs. In addition, Stellar Technology welcomes the opportunity to calibrate like sensors from other manufacturers.
Before shipping your sensors for calibration, please contact our customer service department at 716-250-1900. Our customer service staff member will provide you with an RMA (Return Material Authorization) number. We request this RMA number be printed on the package(s) being sent to Stellar Technology for calibration. This improves the turn-around time.
Once you have the RMA number, the following information will help ensure optimum processing of your calibration request:
- Serial number and/or model number (if the returned unit is an Stellar Technology product)
- Model number and manufacturer (if not an Stellar Technology product)
- Type of calibration required: (for example: Recalibration only}
- An “as received” calibration and an “as shipped” calibration (if a repair is done)
- Number of calibration points
- Tension and/or compression for load cells
- Clockwise and/or counterclockwise for torque transducers
- Specific type of calibration (i.e., E-74 for load cells, ANSI Z540, etc.)
- NIST Traceability
- ISO17025 accredited calibration is available through Stellar Technology third party partnership
If, when calibrated, the unit does not meet the original design specifications, we will contact you to determine if you wish to take any one of the following actions:
- Return as is with the “as is” calibration
- Request Stellar Technology to determine if unit can be repaired to meet design specifications
- If unit can be repaired to meet design specifications,
request a repair and calibration quote from Stellar Technology
- If unit cannot be repaired to meet design specifications
request a purchase order for replacement unit for Stellar Technology
Please use this weblink to specify your calibration requirements.
To see examples of standard calibration records please click on any of the following links: