Position Overview: Responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing broadly defined quality engineering practices for existing or new business activities. Assure compliance with contract requirements and determine appropriate internal requirements to maintain compliance. On assigned project activities, incumbent may coordinate or direct the work of other less senior personnel.
Sample Job Responsibilities
- Identify and communicate customer, regulatory and internal quality requirements. Analyze requirements for compatibility with Stellar products and practices.
- Lead development, documentation, and improvements of the Quality System to ensure conformance and effectiveness.
- Assist with Supplier Approval activities including documenting and resolving Supplier Issues, performing Supplier Evaluations, and maintaining Supplier Approvals
- Work within the MRB to track and determine the disposition of suspect/rejected material and track scrap through internal processes.
- Maintain QMS databases, perform analysis, and generate reports
- Oversee preparation of First Article Inspection reports and assist with other contract data deliverables
- Develop and maintain quality systems and practices to assure customer satisfaction.
- Lead root cause corrective action efforts using applicable problem-solving tools, such as 8D, to resolve product and process nonconformances.
- Assist in quality audits to assure compliance to internal and external requirements, including regulatory and statutory compliance.
- Assist in quality-related training of personnel and development of appropriate training materials.
Education, training, and experience skills:
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 3-5 years’ experience in the Quality field
- Experience in an ISO 9001 or AS9100 organization
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, related process controls, and inspection and test methods. Proficiency in advanced product quality planning (APQP) and failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA).
- Ability to perform internal quality system and process audits
To apply for this position, please click the button at the top of the page, fill out and send the form.
>>>Click Here<<< to return to Employment Opportunities Listing Page