CNC Operator will utilize strong technical skills to operate CNC machines, as required, to produce parts that meet specifications. The Operator is to demonstrate safe work practices at all times and to identify areas of potential concern to management.
- Proficiently operate CNC lathe or mills, as required, to produce component parts that meet required specification within the specified time standard
- Perform basic in-process inspection using calipers, micrometers, plug gauges, ring gauges and other visual
- Perform minor adjustments, minor tool changes and offsets to ensure product specifications are met
- Ability to identify issues and seek help to correct
- Complete required process documentation to ensure that quality parameters are maintained throughout production
- Works safely and actively participates in all plant safety directives while adhering to all safety guidelines and procedures
- Other assignments as required
- Physical Requirements: The daily physical requirements for this position are broken down as follows: CONTINUOUS (75-100% of shift): Sitting, standing, and remaining awake and alert at all times. FREQUENT (25-75% of shift): Walking, bending, and climbing stairs. OCCASIONAL (1-25% of shift): Stooping, twisting, squatting, and reaching above shoulders. Ability to carry/lift up to 35 lbs. (50% of the time). Must have ability to stand, kneel, squat, stoop, use fingers and hands to feel, lift or handle tools, parts and equipment.
- High school diploma or GED
- BOCES Machine Shop or equivalent skilled trades school completed training OR 1 year of experience in machining or manufacturing setting
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Windows
- Ability to learn and apply advanced technical concepts
- Able to communicate effectively with management and co-workers to promote strong working relationships and create an environment focused on teamwork
- Flexible with work and job assignments and willing to perform any function as needed
- Must be dependable and available to work overtime when required
- Understands and demonstrates comprehension of drawings, blueprints and Manufacturing work instructions
- Self motivated and able to work effectively and efficiently with limited supervision
$14-18 an hour (depending on experience)
2nd shift (3:30pm-12am). Stable schedule.
To apply for this position, please click the button at the top of the page, fill out and send the form.