Position Overview: The Buyer owns the daily performance management of our external suppliers. The incumbent’s primary responsibilities are to establish the necessary flow of purchased material into the plant to meet agreed upon customer delivery schedules. The Buyer is accountable for leading the business (forecast/lead times/lot sizes) reviews with the supplier to ensure all contractual requirements are met.
Sample Job Responsibilities:
- Serves as the primary interface with suppliers and manages all activities related to planning, inventory, delivery, and lead time.
- Create documentation that properly defines all quality requirements.
- Verify product will be on time per agreed upon commitments in the contract. Expedite or escalate per policy as required to maintain expected service levels
- Monitor inventory and product demand to determine re-order points and stocking strategies.
- Communicate and assist in the correction of any non-conforming product.
- Actively drive improvements leading to desired business results
Education, training, and experience skills:
- Associate`s degree in business related, supply chain, or industrial engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in supply planning or purchasing.
To apply for this position, please click the button at the top of the page, fill out and send the form.
>>>Click Here<<< to return to Employment Opportunities Listing Page