DC Strain Gage In-Line Amplifier-Series AP5201
The Series AP5201 In-Line Amplifier is a low cost, easy-to-use, general purpose single-channel conditioner designed for input of pressure, force, torque, weight, and other variables measured by conventional DC-excited strain gage transducers. It is ideal for applications where the transducer is exposed to conditions of high temperature, high humidity, or corrosiveness and where the signal conditioning can be placed in-line and removed from the transducer’s environment.
Advanced analog design solves the problem of measurement inaccuracy in environments with high electro-mechanical noise. The AP5201 provides filtered analog output of ±5Vdc, ±10Vdc,or 4-20 mA; switch selectable by the user. Zero and span adjustments are made through coarse rotary switches and potentiometers. This in-line amplifier will accommodate a wide range of full bridge DC strain gauge sensors with bridge resistance for 120 to 10K Ohm.
The AP5201 is an excellent complement to STI’s mV/V miniature and subminiature load cells/force sensors and miniature pressure transducers. The AP5201 signal conditioner housing is available in a DIN-rail configuration as the Series AP5103.
- Filtered Analog Outputs: ±0 to 5 Vdc, ±0 to 10 Vdc, 4-20 mA
- Accepts Standard Full Strain Gage Bridges of 120 Ω to 10K Ω
- User Friendly DIP Switch Settings for Mode, Volts, Current, Filter, Excitation, Zero
- Wide Zero & Span Adjustment
- Wide Input Power Range of 11 – 28 Vdc ±10%, 100 mA max
- Field Selectable Bridge Excitation: 2.5 Vdc or 5.0 Vdc
- Switch-Based Shunt Calibration
- Power Status Indicator
- Rugged ABS Flame Retardant Housing